Translate

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sam's Timely Discovery, Before Full Indoctrination

Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom

My story is a bit personal, but it's time that I shared it.  I was not raised in the organization, called the Watchtower Society, but a friend I went to school with was raised as a Jehovah's Witness and he had only just been baptized, when he invited me to a meeting.  I was age eighteen years and I attended the Jehovah's Witnesses' Kingdom Hall every week, genuinely believing that it was the truth.  I was even having a study with the aforementioned brother, with whom I went to school.  I began to make all the changes and put on the 'new personality,' accomplishing this in a short period of time. 

I quit college, which was a big mistake...until I was told that I had to disassociate with my 'worldly friends.'  It took me a long time to decide, but it was a no-brainer.  I valued my 'worldly friends' more than Jehovah's Witnesses.  Another thing I disagreed with was disfellowshipping.  Someone was disfellowshipped in my congregation and I thought the way he was treated was unchristian.  I did some research, and was shocked about the testimonies of former Jehovah's Witnesses.  I concluded that thousands of Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses can't be wrong and they left for a valid reason.  In 2012, I told my friend that I no longer wanted anything to do with the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses.  This was the hardest thing I ever had to do, as it meant that our friendship was terminated.  

Now, he completely ignores me on the street.  I get a mixed reaction from most witnesses on the street, but for the most part, they shun me, just because my beliefs are different.  However, I am happy.  I went back to college, and I am now a straight A student, and will be going to University in September.  Also, I now have a wonderful girlfriend who makes me happier than what the Watchtower Society ever could.  I don't care what the Jehovah's Witnesses would say about that, because I'm happy and that's all that matters.