Translate

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Free and No Longer Mentally Diseased by Christopher Alson's



Hello my name is Christopher Alson and I am a survivor of the cult known as the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses.  I spent over forty years holding to the rules of the Watchtower Society's Governing Body.  I lost my father to the blood issue, because Jehovah's Witnesses are threatened with disfellowshipping if they take blood transfusions.  Of course, they have waffled on their blood issue to the point that they now claim that "blood fractions" are allowed, but the bottom line with them is always the same, even when they declare that their members' decisions are a "conscience matter."  You will be disfellowshipped and cut off from everyone you love, if you do not "toe the line."

I went insane and almost lost my love for life.  The Governing Body has published an article, which states that those who leave are "mentally diseased" apostates, ( War of Words Breaks Out Among Jehovah's Witnesses ) (The Watchtower Society Says Apostates are Mentally Diseased), whereas those who leave are often suffering from PTSD or Complex PTSD and severe depression, as direct results of the Jehovah's Witnesses' extreme shunning practice and Jehovah's Witnesses' penchant for launching a slanderous campaign against those who are disfellowshipped or disassociated. Those who leave are shunned as if they no longer exist, even by close family members, in most cases.  Many are not as fortunate, as I have been to be able to rebuild my life.  I am just happy to be able to help others like myself.