Translate

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lisa Webb's Story

I was born and raised as a Jehovah's Witness. Although I've been out for about ten years, it is still very hard for me to deal with being shunned by my Mother, with whom I was very close.  She decided that because I question the religion, she no longer wants to talk to me.  I received letters over the years, before I actually left, where she kept saying she loves me, but if a mother claims she loves you, would she so easily abandon your relationship?

I now have no family members, because they are all Jehovah's Witnesses.  My father was reinstated a few years ago, so now he thinks he is 'all that.'  I have five children.  My ex-husband, who is the father of two of my sons, is also a Jehovah's Witness.  My younger son has autism and my middle son is now age eighteen.  He moved in with me about two years ago, because he didn't want to go to the meetings and didn't like all the control.  My younger son, when I have him until his father picks him up on Sunday, doesn't want to go to meetings and complains that he doesn't want to go, but because he has autism, his father will not let him have a say.  He will be sixteen years old this November.

My boyfriend, who was never a witness, and doesn't understand the hurt that I go through everyday about my mother.  He tells me to just forget her and he calls her names.

I have been through four marriages.  Jehovah's Witnesses aren't allowed to date and my mother never explained how to choose a man.  I battle with low self-esteem, so I just choose men that actually pay attention to me.  Then I would hear my mother say, "Oh, you better get married.  You're living in sin, etc."

I have one younger sister.  She is not active as a Jehovah's Witness, but because she is still a Witness, she thinks she is better then me.  I have not spoken to her in years.  While my mother will visit my younger sister and her daughter, she has nothing to do with me or my children, with the exception of my younger son, who is still a witness.

My daughters are constantly asking about their grandma, who they really don't know.  Sometimes I've thought about going back, just so I could have my mother back, but I know in my heart that the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses is not the true religion and I don't want to go through all of it again.  I hate hearing from my father,  "You need to get yourself back to meetings or you and your kids are going to die."

My mother doesn't even care that I had to have hip surgery.  I told my father that I was having surgery and the first thing he said was,  "I hope you aren't going to take blood."  That was all he was worried about.

One time, my ex-husband's father, who is an elder, told me I was a whore.  How does an elder get away with stuff like that?  I just don't know what to do anymore.  I read all these stories with tears in my eyes, knowing that all these stories are similar to mine.

Note from Noel Parsons:   Lisa, what you can do now is begin the healing.  Join some of the XJW support groups on Facebook.  I've included a list of XJW groups in our groups "Files," which link can be found under our group's cover photo. You are NOT alone and you do not have to face the aftermath alone. 

NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook.

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues. 

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses
http://www.jwfacts.com/

Silent Lambs
http://www.silentlambs.org/

Watchtower Documents.Com
http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/jw-sites.html

Watchers of the Watchtower World
http://www.freeminds.org/

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)
http://aawa.co/blog/how-the-watchtower-uses-undue-influence-to-enforce-its-blood-policy/

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online
http://ex-jw.com/

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)