Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Nafteta Sheta Story

I was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness.  Most of my family belongs to the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses.  I was baptized when I was fourteen years old, and was very active in my congregation.  I never questioned anything I was taught.  

As I got older, I began accumulating friends outside of my congregation, which caused me to begin looking at people differently.  All my life I was told that everyone else was from “the world” and would basically burn in hell, because they weren’t a part of “the truth,” which is what all Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to firmly believe.  As my "worldly" friendships blossomed, I began to see that the people I associated with weren’t bad people.  As a matter of fact, some of the elders in my congregation were what I would consider to be people I’d rather not be around.  

There was a lot going on in the Watchtower Society at that time.  There were a lot of youths that "fell away," becoming inactive regarding meeting attendance and field service.  The few friends I had left, within my congregation, were having children outside of marriage, being abused in some way, shape or form at home, and we only had each other to confide in.  

Meanwhile, I was busy cross-checking every scripture I came across with other bibles and examining other religions.  I was looking for answers to questions I didn't dare ask any Jehovah's Witness, although at the time, I didn’t even know what I was looking for.  Eventually, I reached the ripe age of eighteen and, after hearing for years that I could do whatever I wanted when I turned eighteen and not beforehand, I finally began to think about separating myself from the Watchtower Society.  I stopped attending when I was nineteen.  I moved out of my home when I was twenty one, and I discovered that I had gained freedom, which I’d never experienced before.  

That was actually a very dark period of my life.  My behavior was sort of a catch-up period of all the things I couldn’t do while I was a member of the organization.  I experimented with drugs, became promiscuous and listened to a lot of heavy metal music.  These were all things I was restricted from doing, so I will admit that I went a little crazy.  I lost my virginity at the age of twenty one.  I wasn’t even thinking about getting married.  I was having too much fun to settle down.  I went from saving myself for my husband to sleeping with anyone within ten feet of me, just because I could.  It was my own personal "fuck you" to the Watchtower Society and the dogma I’d left behind.  Finally, I got pregnant and calmed down.  

When I was six months pregnant with my oldest son, I got a phone call from one of the elders in my congregation.  Someone had spotted me with my pregnant belly on my way home from work.  I was disfellowshipped over the phone for becoming pregnant outside of the marital arrangement.  I remember asking the elder if it would have been better if I had gotten an abortion.  He said it would have been better than going through the pregnancy and bringing my baby into this world out of wedlock.  So I told him that I was damned either way and to go ahead and disfellowship me, because I had no plans to come back.  

My son is now twelve, my youngest is ten and both of them are the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life. I’ve never been married and have not affiliated myself with any other religion.   I am a Christian at heart, but remain steadfast in not needing to go to a church or Kingdom Hall to worship my God.  Despite many mistakes in my life, God has seen fit to bless me in ways I never imagined.  I feel a spiritual closeness now that I never did as a child or young adult. 

NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook.

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues. 

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses
http://www.jwfacts.com/

Silent Lambs
http://www.silentlambs.org/

Watchtower Documents.Com
http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/jw-sites.html

Watchers of the Watchtower World
http://www.freeminds.org/

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)
http://aawa.co/blog/how-the-watchtower-uses-undue-influence-to-enforce-its-blood-policy/

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online
http://ex-jw.com/

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)