Translate

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Nelcy Lopez-Hill Story

I was born into a family, in which my mother was a Jehovah's Witness, but my father was not.  The only arguments I remember my parents having were about religion. Growing up as a Jehovah's Witness, you do not realize the brainwashing and cult-like behavior.  You accept it as normal, because it is all you know.

My mother didn't enroll me in school because the "end of the world" was coming.  I can't remember whether it was 1974 or 1975.  She finally enrolled me in 1976, a year too late.  Fortunately, I was able to skip from kindergarten to first grade after a year or I would have been behind.  I survived being an outcast at school for not celebrating any holidays and not saluting the flag.

I began having doubts from ages twelve to thirteen.  When I was a junior in high school, one of my teachers encouraged me to apply for a scholarship to Princeton.  She had connections and said that I would have a full ride due to my excellent grades.  I ran home to tell my mother, who said, "Absolutely not!  Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to college. That is for worldly people."  My teacher asked for a meeting with my mother, because she couldn't believe that my mother wanted the application withdrawn.  Needless to say, my Princeton application was withdrawn.  I was baptized at seventeen years of age, because that is what was expected and because my mother would not have it any other way.

As soon as I graduated from high school, I got married in a Kingdom Hall to get out of my house, because that was the only acceptable way I could leave.  Moving out on my own was not accepted.  After being married a year, I stopped going to meetings, my marriage fell apart and I slowly "faded away."

My mother never completely shunned me but our relationship was never a good or close one by any means.  Once I told her that I would never step foot in a Kingdom Hall again, she never treated me the same.  I resented her for raising me as a Jehovah's Witness.  I resented missing out on my childhood.  She kept me away from the rest of my family, because they were "worldly people."  No birthday parties, no Christmas, no holidays at all.  I can't ever get that back.

The fact that they isolate people and shun them, as if they are dead and no longer exist, makes them a cult.  The lack of freedom of choice, makes them a cult.  The amount of mind control and brainwashing that the Watchtower Society puts Jehovah's Witnesses through is incredibly difficult to believe unless you actually have experienced it for yourself.  The Governing Body of the Watchtower Society does not want its followers to think for themselves.  Intimidating people like the "man behind the curtain," the Governing Body pontificates over a publishing company, which masquerades as a Christian religion, but is always an abusive cult.

I've been out and free for over twenty years and wouldn't have it any other way. 

NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook. 

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues.

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses
http://www.jwfacts.com/

Silent Lambs
http://www.silentlambs.org/

Watchtower Documents.Com
http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/jw-sites.html

Watchers of the Watchtower World
http://www.freeminds.org/

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)
http://aawa.co/blog/how-the-watchtower-uses-undue-influence-to-enforce-its-blood-policy/

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online
http://ex-jw.com/

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)