Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Story of Terah Murphy, posted by Karama Sadaka

I was born into a Jehovah's Witness family.  My older sister (by seven years) did remember a time when my parents were not Witnesses, but my grandmother began studying and converted my parents as well.  My father was an elder.  My mother was a regular pioneer and worked full-time in the house-to-house preaching work.

My life revolved around the Watchtower Society from birth.  When I started school, I was so na├»ve and awkward.  I knew nothing about anything outside our religion.  I was picked on and made fun of to the point that I was throwing up every morning before school.  From this began a lifetime of anxiety and panic attacks.  I have trouble making friends and trusting people, but these are the minor things I've dealt with.

As a teenager, my mother home-schooled me.  It's what all the Jehovah's Witness parents were doing.  I was baptized at age thirteen, because my parents locked me in my house and wouldn't let me out. 

I made a friend in our congregation, who was being home-schooled, also.  She began practically living with us.  Later, I found out the reason she never wanted to go home.  Her brother was raping her.  Her mother knew and the elders knew, but no one did anything to help my friend.  Her step-sister became pregnant with her brother's child.  The girl got publicly reproved and their dad took his kids and ran.  He was a wise man.

The massive control my parents tried to keep on me, combined with my growing dislike of the people in our congregation, spurred me into rebellion.  I did NOT want to "live forever" with those shallow, petty people.  I disappeared when I turned eighteen years old, and came back with a "worldly" husband, someone not a member of our religion.  My parents decided to convert him and he was baptized.  That didn't last very long.  When I had our first child, it became difficult to attend meetings.  If she cried, an elder would tell me to take her out of the meeting.  When I took her out, there would be an elder telling me I should be inside learning.  It became so frustrating that we moved away.  Eventually, I sent the elders a very unpleasant letter, telling them to "fuck off,"  officially disassociating myself at age twenty-two.

Since I left, I've lost my grandmother, due to the Watchtower Society's refusal to allow blood transfusions.  A blood transfusion would have saved her life.  I've also lost my sister, due to the fear put into her regarding doctors and their procedures.  She was only forty-one years old.  At least, she left the cult the year before she passed, so we had a year of holidays and happiness together before I lost her.

I'm now in therapy.  I take more prescription drugs than anyone my age should.  I have panic attacks over the silliest things.  Oh!  Regarding my friend, who was raped by her brother?  She's still a Jehovah's Witness and will not speak to me, but my parents do.  They haven't attended a meeting in years.

NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook.

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues. 

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses
http://www.jwfacts.com/

Silent Lambs
http://www.silentlambs.org/

Watchtower Documents.Com
http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/jw-sites.html

Watchers of the Watchtower World
http://www.freeminds.org/

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)
http://aawa.co/blog/how-the-watchtower-uses-undue-influence-to-enforce-its-blood-policy/

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online
http://ex-jw.com/

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)