Translate

Monday, June 9, 2014

The Story of Dave Gracey, Former Jehovah's Witness Elder

I am a third generation Jehovah's Witness.  I've been out of the cult for 4 years now and have been totally awake for a little over a year.  I served as a "pioneer," working full time in the house-to-house preaching, a Ministerial Servant, and an Elder and was baptized in 1962 at 14 years of age.  My mother was a bible student and was at the convention in Columbus Ohio in 1931 when the current name of the Watchtower Society was adopted.  Her father was a bible student who died in 1929, not of the so-called "anointed class" (born-again).

I have family who shun me, a brother, a  nephew , a niece, a son, a daughter and grand-children, etc.  I was pressured to pioneer as soon as I graduated from high school like many of Jehovah's Witnesses and. as a result, never attended college, thus had no real education for a career.

I worked long hours away from my family, often working at two jobs.  I have had three of my five children disfellowshipped and never shunned any of them.  They were all reinstated.  Two are still alive, although my oldest was disfellowshipped twice and after a third Judicial Committee meeting committed suicide rather then be disfellowshipped a third time.  I tell you this not for sympathy, but to let you know where I am coming from.  There is a lot more but enough of that for now.

I want to say how grateful I am for those who came before me and have given us the information for the rest of us to know "The Truth About the Truth" (TTATT).  I am grateful especially for Raymond Franz, (former Governing Body member) for his courage and honesty.  If it were not for him and his books, Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, and others like Don Cameron and his book Captives of a Concept and James Penton who wrote Apocalypse Delayed, and most recently Poul Bregninge's book Judgement Day Must Wait, I would still be in the dark.  Combine these fine books with other good reads with the great work of John Cedars, William Bowen, as well as, Mike and Kim and so many other fine Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, and we are truly blessed with accurate information.  This was not the case thirty or forty years ago when Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses were mostly on their own.

From time to time, I hear some of you Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses expressing yourselves and lamenting your situation, and I feel compassion for all of you.  Believe me, I do.  But what all of you need to realize is that we have resources, which were not available to former Jehovah's Witnesses of the past.  You need to make full use of them all.  "Ex- Jehovah's Witness Recovery Group 3!," in particular. has been of enormous help to all of us, but is by no means an end in itself.  You need to research the videos available on Youtube and jwfacts.com and jwsurvey.com and most of all, you need to read.  That's where, in my opinion, it really sinks down and does the most good.  If there is one thing that pisses me off, it's being lied to and all of us have been lied to for years, some of us for our entire lives.  Get educated and learn where you have been in this cult.  Only then can you move on and live free.  Just one Ex-Jehovah's Witness's  opinion.

(Note from Noel Parsons via Khan Wai Hung.....It's a waste to squander our time on meaningless pursuit founded on lies n half-truths. Good advice is to educate ourselves, make sure of all things. 1Th 5:21) 

NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook.

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues. 

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses

Silent Lambs

Watchtower Documents.Com

Watchers of the Watchtower World

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)