Translate

Friday, June 13, 2014

The Story of Marilyn White

Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom
I celebrated my last birthday when I was three years old.  My parents joined the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses after that and, by the time I was age five, my life had drastically changed.  School was a nightmare, because I was an outsider, bullied on a daily basis.  I was molested by two teenage girls, also Jehovah's Witnesses, when I was ten years old.

My mother ran away with my father's best friend when I was fourteen years of age.  The man was an elder, with a wife and seven children.  She and her husband became Mormons. My stepfather psychologically abused us for years.  He drove us out of the house when we were young and never let us have any time alone with our mother.

When I was fifteen years old, I was held captive for hours by a Jehovah's Witness, who was dating me.  He was four years older than I was.  He threatened to rape me, slit my throat and throw me in the Welland Canal.  He beat up my brother and was sent to jail.  He lost his job and vowed to kill me before he dies.  The last time I saw him was fifteen years ago.  He still recognized me.  I'm always looking over my shoulder to this day.

I left home at age sixteen and lived in boarding houses and shelters in Toronto.  I was married for the first time when I was almost seventeen years of age.  I divorced him ten months later.  I became pregnant at the age of eighteen and married the father of my baby.  I had my second baby when I was twenty-two years old.  I divorced husband number two after ten hard years of marriage.  I married my best friend, who became husband number three, when I was thirty-seven years of age.

My father drifted in and out of the cult.  He straddled the line between trying to be a good Jehovah's Witness and being friends with bikers like the "Hell's Angels" and "The Outlaws."  Every time he returned to the cult, he shunned me, telling me I was going to be destroyed in the new system.  I would occasionally see my father at different times and he would only say, "Hi."  I guess it's better than how others have been treated.

My father and I were estranged when he died of an overdose.  He was disfellowshipped at the time, but I didn't know that or I would have reached out to him again.  He died alone and lonely, sitting in in a chair in a room he was renting.  I can only imagine how mixed up he was.  He had worked hard all his life and had lost everything, including his family.  He had no funeral.  Just a 10 minute blurb his ex-wife arranged at the Kingdom Hall.  The last time I saw him was in a funeral home in a body bag on a gurney.  He was to be cremated immediately.

His ex-wife, who is still a Jehovah's Witness, was the executrix of my father's will. We were never included in any planning or reading of his will.  His ex-wife, Diane Anez, gave my father's guitar and other personal effects to her son, John Bossey.  They live here in Niagara Falls and should be ashamed of their conduct.  They call themselves Christians with no use for material things, yet they refuse to turn over a family heirloom to us.  I despise those people and the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses for destroying my family.  I have so many issues from being subjected to all that brain-pollution as a child.  I was a perfectionist for many years, until I realized it was killing me.  I have nightmares from being told as a small child that Satan was always watching me and just waiting for the opportunity to possess me.  I have trust issues that affect every relationship I have.

I was a workaholic for many years and now I have fibro-myalgia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).   I always feel that I can never be good enough.  I have anger issues with my mother, over her not realizing that the Jehovah's Witnesses stole my childhood and left me and my siblings with many emotional/psychological scars.  I don't understand how she could put her children through the rigors of being a Jehovah's Witness.  I don't understand how my parents could sign us up for such a hard life.  I don't understand how they could buy into the garbage the Jehovah's Witnesses were feeding them.  I was terrified as a child that something would happen to me or my siblings and that they would be willing to let us die over the blood transfusion issue.

I grew up distrusting all adults.  I'm still haunted by the memories of the sounds of children being beaten in the bathroom at the Kingdom Hall for acting like normal children, who were being forced to sit for hours and listen to adult content messages.  It saddens me that I knew what bestiality was by age five, because of a talk given at the Kingdom Hall.  My innocence was stolen from me.  I am also angry that there have been no repercussions to the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses for the relentless abuse heaped upon us as children.  I couldn't concentrate in school, because all my spare time was filled with doctrine.

Jehovah's Witnesses tried to get me to disown my mother, when she left my father.  They said I was stubborn and disobedient, because I would not call her a tramp and a whore.  I was pulled out of school at age fourteen to take care of my brother and sister, when my mother left.  I was told I couldn't be trusted and the other witness kids were not allowed to associate with me.  I was very isolated until my mother got custody of me, but I have a lot of issues with my mother, because she acts like it's in the past, so we should just get over it.  She doesn't realize the extent of damage done and the anger I have towards her.  I might have to write her a letter to try and get her to see where I am coming from.

I hope I will see some kind of justice and accountability in my lifetime.  I am angry that I wasn't taught useful life skills.  I'm furious that no one cared enough to encourage me to pursue my dreams and help me along the way.  I am disgusted that the Jehovah's Witnesses are still preying on families.  It is a greedy cult with no thought given to their ridiculous standards.

I will never stop speaking out against such an evil organization.  If I can save one child, it will all be worthwhile.  I don't care who knows anymore. I didn't do anything wrong.

I am a survivor.

NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook.

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues. 

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses

Silent Lambs

Watchtower Documents.Com

Watchers of the Watchtower World

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)