Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Story of Larry Charms

I was a born into the third generation of a Jehovah's Witness family.  I left when I was sixteen years old, prior to being baptized.  Being taught that everyone outside of the organization (Watchtower Society) was going to be destroyed always bothered me.  I wondered how they could know this.  They cannot read hearts.  God does not show favoritism.  

I was not disfellowshipped and shunned, because I was never baptized, although over the thirty-one years I have been out, I have had the odd uncle shun me from time to time, unless they need help with something.  Then the shunning is dropped.  

When I was about twenty years of age, I moved to another province to look for work.  I had some family that lived there and they helped me get a job working for some Jehovah's Witnesses.  They were very nice people and we would even spend time together away from work, playing football and baseball, but after a while, they approached me and said that, unless I started coming to meetings, they could no longer be my friends.  I saw this as blackmail and told them no.  Although I was good enough to work for them and take on the work load of the Jehovah's Witnesses, who also worked for these kind people when they had conventions, I was not good enough to speak with.  I left the job.

A few years ago, I began reading the bible again and realized that when I left the Watchtower Society, I had a very poor understanding of the bible.  A Jehovah's Witness might say that was because I was not listening.  I say it is because I actually was listening.  I found truth in the scriptures and saw the lies of the Watchtower Society.  

I still have family in the organization and I want to reach out to them.  I am only going to get one chance to do this with most of them, so I have been looking for the perfect answer.  The funny thing about it is that while I was looking for answers for those lost as Jehovah's Witnesses, I found my own answers.  

That's about it, with this one exception.  I am going to share with you something that crossed my mind a week or so ago that I shared with some friends.....two words.

I was out for a drive the other day and saw something that I had almost forgotten seeing when I was a child.


Every Sunday morning, while driving to the Kingdom Hall, we would pass a building that had a sign on it with just two simple words.  I would look at it on the way to the Kingdom Hall and I would look at it when we left, every Sunday those two simple words.

I eventually stopped going to the Kingdom Hall and slowly the doctrine, which the Jehovah's Witnesses had taught me, began to fade, but those two words always remained in my thoughts.

On my drive the other day, I went past the spot where the Kingdom Hall once stood.  It has since been torn down and as I went past it, the sign was still there, and those two words mean much more to me now than they ever did before.

What two words?

Jesus Saves.


NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook.

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues. 

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses

Silent Lambs

Watchtower Documents.Com

Watchers of the Watchtower World

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)