Translate

Friday, July 18, 2014

The Story of Rafał Boratyński

I was born and I was raised in an Orthodox family of Jehovah's Witnesses.  My father was an Elder.  Throughout our stay in this organization, the Watchtower Society, we believed that it was the only true religion.  In elementary school, I was insulted and beaten because of belonging to a "cat faith" but it made me just feel glorified, and confirmed, to me, the fact that I was in "the truth," as the Watchtower Society calls their religion.  I also knew that God sees any harm done to me.  I even enjoyed the idea that I was persecuted because of my belief in Him.

At eighteen years of age, I accepted baptism at a meeting.  However, this was mostly because everyone in my whole neighborhood was a Jehovah's witness.  I met a girl who was so embarrassing as a Jehovah's Witness. 

The validity of the Watchtower Society's doctrine plunged, although presented as the brightest light, but I accepted it as if it were something from a vending machine.  My parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins were in "the truth," as Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to believe, so I trusted them and felt safe there.  It is probably also one of the factors why I was so easily be fooled by this organization.  There were my loved ones and I thought that since they are older than me, I definitely need to check and believe all is well and that the basis of their faith must be based on truth.  But it is not and the discovery that it is not made me feel as if my whole world collapsed. 

At the age of about twenty-four years, I began to stop attending the meetings, because everything that happened to me there was so heavy, boring and tiring.  I am a lifelong observer of a variety of situations, which were really controversial, which meant that I could not understand how in God's name they could take place.  I saw pursuit of material goods, the divisions between rich and poor, duplicity, the Elders' dictatorship, looking for others in advance, servile devotion to the organization, adultery, fraud in paying taxes, employing people, racism, drugs, fun with firearms by an Elder, a large amount of alcoholism, etc.  Over the ten years, my observations went unnoticed.  It was impossible to untangle myself and I could not solve these problems alone.

After about three years after I stopped attending meetings (not attending the memorial of Christ's death), the Elders suddenly remembered me and called, but I did not answer the phone.  When they came to my house, I would say that I was on the "do not call" list and would not allow them into the house.  I'd had enough of this organization and also, unfortunately, God.  I was kicked out, of which I was glad, because I felt free!

All the time, however, somewhere in the back of my head, I had the thought that I left God and that maybe I should try to return to "the truth," because it does no good to look at the actions of individual people.  I would have to "bite the bullet," grit my teeth and beat my chest before the Elders.

However, at the beginning of 2013, on the internet, I came across some websites with information that "apostates" believed.  I decided that I would listen and read these fantasies.  As I began reading, I had a little smile on my face, then my smile disappeared, my countenance became serious and my eyes were opened wide in amazement.  I felt as if I had been sucker-punched in the face.

I began to check everything in the Bible, comparing the Watchtower Society's "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures" with other translations.  I purchased the Greek Interlinear New Testament.  Later, I read "Crisis of Conscience," after which my nerves were shot, but I knew that everything was going in the right direction by then, and I was very grateful that God had opened my eyes.  In the end, I had discovered that this organisation is not God and that I did not have to return to it, because the Watchtower Society does not have "the truth!"  I also purchased the Millennium Bible, the Septuagintę and other books on the subject of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I am very thankful that my wife left the sect, also.  I read aloud the entire "Crisis of Conscience" book to her.  I showed her how the Bible of the Watchtower Society was fraudulent, then I wrote a letter to the Elders of our disassociation (leaving).  I did not meet with the Elders, although they insisted that we would pay for breaking contact with almost all of our family and friends and they made slanderous accusations against me and about my "obsession," etc. but their words made no difference to me, because I learned the true message of the Bible.

After the first time I read a true version of the Bible and I pointed out a lot of verses, my wife made a lot of notes.  I was shocked that I had lived in such darkness from birth to twenty-nine years of age. There are Jehovah's Witnesses who probably also know how much effort, stress and embarrassment is involved when returning, for the first time, in prayer to Christ, and that it brings results.  Some of them, like I do, feel the large amount of love emanating from Him and sense the tears in his eyes and have a feeling of faith and gratitude in His death on the cross for our sins.

Today I am thirty-one years old and these last two years have been amazing for me.  Every day I am thankful that God has opened my eyes, I feel like I have experienced a miracle, by coming out of the darkness.  Not everyone is successful.....

NOTE:  If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness, who would like to have your case reviewed legally, concerning you or your child having been molested/raped and receiving no assistance from anyone in the Watchtower Society, you can contact William H. Bowen, the founder of silentlambs.org.  For confidential contact info, check with Admin. in "The Truth Behind Jehovah's Witnesses" group on Facebook.

If you would like to have your CHILD CUSTODY case reviewed, William H. Bowen also founded the Jehovah's Witnesses Child Custody website to provide information and assistance for former or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with child custody issues. 

If you are a former or Ex-Jehovah's Witness in need of counseling concerning you or your child having been molested/raped, please go to the Silent Lambs website for assistance.  http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/index.cfm

Want to know where to find the concrete evidence against the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Here's a few links to get you started:
 
Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses

Silent Lambs

Watchtower Documents.Com

Watchers of the Watchtower World

Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA)

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Online

^^^ The above website includes "An Elder Shares His Honest Opinions"
http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions  (THAT should be an interesting read!)