Translate

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ava Garza Explains How Shunning Involves Manipulative Tactics of Emotional Blackmail.

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness and most of my family remain active members.  I always followed orders from Watchtower Society headquarters to never speak to those who leave, because this is showing love and we Jehovah's Witnesses are the most loving, truthful people on the planet. 
Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom
I was forced into baptism at age fifteen years, because I was "getting older."  I began being home-schooled in 6th grade, because of my depression.  Mental illness is rampant in my "family."  My father's sister and brother killed themselves.  Everyone in my family has mental health issues.  

A year ago, I finally figured out that I did not have to do what they wanted me to do.  I've been both active and inactive as a Jehovah's Witness for ten years.  Now my mother, father, brothers, sister, uncles, aunts, and cousins don't have anything to do with me or my youngest child or my husband.  My husband left the Watchtower Society, because he could see the pain I was in, which was caused by the Jehovah's Witnesses, so he quit attending meetings.  

With the Watchtower Society, it is emotional blackmail.  If you return, you can have your family again.  I might have broken some dishes when I heard my family called my ex-husband and had him bring my oldest son, whose father is still a Jehovah's Witness over to see the family.  All because my oldest son, who is only twelve years old and is, unfortunately, still part of the cult because of his father.  They told my son to tell my other son, "We love you and be strong...."  

Bullshit!  How insane are they?  They have not once telephoned or tried to talk to my youngest son in a year!  My oldest lives with his father, which is another story.  His father has made the decision to put him in home-school.  This makes the brainwashing easier and keeps him away from contamination from the world and "worldly" people.  

I am in therapy.  I have to come to terms with the fact that my parents and siblings are gone.  I have to learn how not to cry when certain songs are playing on the radio or television or when I am in a store and I see something that a family member would like or a street we all rode on or smell a familiar scent or think of basically anything on earth regarding my family that makes me well up with tears.  My poor boys ask me, "Mama, are you okay?" and I say, "Yeah, I'm okay," and I wipe my tears away, which have been brought on by this family-destroying cult.