Translate

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kate Dale's Brief, Yet Powerful Statement

Being a Jehovah's Witness was not my choice.  I was born into a family of Jehovah's Witnesses.  My late grandfather was fanatical about their beliefs.  I think he loved being a Jehovah's Witness more then he loved me and the rest of our family.  I still have family which are Jehovah's Witnesses.

My father took his own life and his sister, my Aunt, also took her own life.  Afterward, I remember asking my grandfather,  "If Jehovah loves you like you say He does, why would He let you go through the pain of losing two of your children?"  My grandfather couldn't really answer me, so he began talking about the resurrection, saying that he would get to see my father and Aunty Julie again.  I don't believe in that.  It just gives people false hope of seeing their loved ones again.

Publisher's Note:  Kate is correct not to believe in the "carrot," which the Watchtower Society keeps dangling in front of all their "pack mules" ........um.. .....Jehovah's Witnesses.  After all, Satan told Eve, "Surely you will not die!"  The Watchtower Society leaders have been claiming for over a century, "Millions now living will never die!"

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). If you are friends with the person in real life or know where the person is, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) so that you can talk to a crisis counselor. Outside the United States or for Facebook reporting please see our international list: https://www.facebook.com/notes/ex-jehovahs-witness-recovery-group-3/international-list-of-suicide-crisis-hotlines/10151825271375835