Translate

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Daniel Mendoza One-Each Makes a 180 Degree Turn

 
I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness until I was eighteen years old.  I was baptized when I was eleven years of age and I was into their religion hardcore.  I would sign up to be an Auxiliary Pioneer (part time preacher) every chance I had, because I was taught that I was saving others.  I was on my way to becoming a ministerial servant at a very young age.  I would give talks, presentations, and other things like that onstage in the Kingdom Hall, in front of the congregation.  
One day, I took a step back and asked myself, "What are you doing with your life?  You literally just gave a talk on how to turn down a college scholarship and to make it a goal to work at Bethel and publish Watchtower Society books for the rest of your life." 
I truly was not in agreement with that, so I began questioning and doing my own research.  The more I questioned, the more the Elders had their eyes on me.  It got to the point where they would not schedule me for anymore talks or for anything else.  
Then a false accusation was made against me, so I decided I was done dealing with Watchtower Society crap and I left.  Upon doing more research on the religion, I can't believe I was part of something like that for so long!  It's crazy!