Translate

Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Runaway Slave's (deemed "apostate" by the Governing Body) Grievous Memories

Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom
 When I think about Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs), I have two very strong memories, which come to the forefront of my mind.

The first is being denied my grandfather's funeral, which was held in a church, whereas the JWs' churches are referred to as Kingdom Halls.  A JW 'asked' if that was where I would want to be found when Jehovah comes back, yet I was not permitted to answer.  To this day, it still breaks my heart to think about my grandfather... Grief inhibited, I was a child and not permitted to grieve a loved one.  Such is the love of JWs, I suppose.  Thanks, Watchtower Society....(NOT!)


The other memory is that whenever we did get to see our "worldly" (non-JW) family members (aunts/uncles, cousins, other grandparents), visits with them would always break down into a heated argument over religion, usually with Watchtower literature all over the table and nothing but deflection and obfuscation, when dealing with questions about JW faith.  Thanks again, Watchtower Society...(NOT!)


When I was old enough to make my own decisions, I assumed that it was the Watchtower Society's aim to instill in us the sense that family is for nothing.  By legal standards I was able to make my own decisions, however, apparently I could have been indoctrinated with a personal choice much earlier, although I lacked the capabilities to chose for myself, according to JW standards... To me, THAT'S hypocrisy at it's finest!

To this day, my father has nothing to do with me, for he knows I cannot be "converted" back to his faith...  He's also been known to speak against his grandchild, who was born out of wedlock.  It seems I was right about the Watchtower Society's opinion on family, and I suppose I should amend that they only believe in the sacredness of life, so long as those lives are prospective contributor's to the JW's religious cult.

I find it funny that as an atheist, I have a better concept now of what love truly is.  I have also learned that all things need balance, so I reserve a majority of my hate for what are obviously hypocritical and over-complicated simple values.  


For example: How many birthdays have been celebrated that have NOT resulted in murder, compared with those that have, and how does an alleged "Christian" religion justify

birthdays as wrong, when even Jesus attended them?  Go ahead, feel free to send me some explanation on that, Watchtower Society, and I will show you how you taught me to hate and spit on those you have judged to be "lower" than us.