Translate

Friday, December 5, 2014

Alyson Donald Chard - A Brief Peek at God's Kingdom of Jehovah's Witnesses

I have not yet told my entire story, because it is so long and complex, so I will simply note a few things. 

I was married at age twenty-one years to a Jehovah's Witness (JW).  We had a child.  My husband was not working and, due to depression (which I did not yet understand), I took the matter to the elders and sought a separation due to "willful non-support."  When the elders met with us, one of them said that I deserved a better husband and our son deserved a better father than the one he had.  They told my husband he had to "make the way clear for Alyson to re-marry."  All JWs know what that means... Adultery or death.  
Fast forwarding many years, we are still married, but no longer members of the Watchtower Society.  

My sister-in-law was disfellowshipped for adultery.  married the "worldly" (non-JW) man, was reinstated and all was well in the family for her.  It turned out that she did not like her new husband, but thought her son-in-law would be better for her.  So she split her daughter and son-in-law's marriage up and was disfellowshipped, and then she married her son-in-law. Now both are reinstated and all is well with the family again. She is now step-mother to her own grandchildren.  Her daughter, (my niece) whose marriage she split up, recently re-married.  She had both parents at her wedding, plus her ex-husband (step-father) at the wedding.  

Confused yet?  But all is well, because they have repented and are considered to be JWs "in good standing."  We are still dead to them.