Translate

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Judged by Jehovah's Witnesses for Health Issues and for Wanting to Stay with her Husband, Edward Schmid's Wife Takes Her Own Life

Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom


I was born to Jehovah's Witness parents and raised under the guidance of the Watchtower Society.
 I met my wife at a circuit assembly, when I was just a child.  As a child, I believed what Jehovah's Witnesses taught and when I was older, I decided to be baptized, because I believed my parents surely had it right, but I was so wrong! 

My wife and I were married on the 3rd of March, 2000.  We eloped, because my mother could not stand the fact that I was in love with a woman, who had health problems.  

Because of my wife's health problems. it was very difficult for us to attend the meetings regularly, but we tried. There were many times that we would have to leave and go directly to the hospital because she was going into an asthma attack, caused by too many perfumes in the Kingdom Hall.  We told the elders and asked members not to wear perfume. 

My wife also had a calcium deficiency problem and soon her teeth began to rot away.  A sister in the Kingdom Hall approached my wife and told her she looked like a meth- head and told her she could no longer preach at the doors, because, "We don't want people thinking that Jehovah's Witnesses are meth-heads."
  
We began having issues at the Kingdom Hall with Ministerial Servants (MS), with Elders and with other rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses.  Things were so out of hand that a MS said some gross and perverted things about me.  His accusations were so bad that if what he said had gotten back to my boss, I would have lost my job and my way of supporting my family.  

Later, an Elder accosted us about my wife being pregnant with our daughter.  I spoke with the Elders about the issues, but they took sides with everyone else.  

By 2010, when I had nearly had enough of their fake love, I heard about some unhealthy and illegal things, which had occurred, concerning asbestos in that particular Kingdom Hall, so I contacted WT-B.S. headquarters at Bethel in New York City and was told that they would not be doing anything about it.   They made it obvious that they didn't care.  

A few months later, a former friend of mine passed away from cancer.  Her death may be related to the unhealthy situation in that particular Kingdom Hall and I'm more than sure that I can prove it. 

I left the Watchtower Society cult and my wife left the Watchtower Society cult.  It took 6 of us being in another church for the Elders to finally come around and talk to us again, but it was too late!  

I have a strong belief and testimony of the faith that I am in! The Jehovah's Witnesses turned our families against us and my wife ended up in a psychiatric ward for 18 days. 

A year later, the Elders came and talked to my wife again and this time they told her to divorce me and return to their faith or she would never talk to her family again, meaning she would be disfellowshipped and shunned by her family. 

Within a week on March 7th, 2013, my wife took her life! The only family that attended her funeral were disfellowshipped family members and people I had only known a few years.  My father traveled 3000 miles to go to his mother and father's funeral service both times, but could not find it in his heart to travel less than a hundred miles to hold his granddaughter's hand, as she buried her mother.  

I suppose there comes a time in a person's life when the truth must be told and the devil shamed.

In 2009, a Ministerial Servant (MS) slipped up and told me that during the remodeling of the Reedsport, Oregon Kingdom Hall, they discovered asbestos and instead of paying the cost to have it professionally removed and for the Kingdom Hall to be reinspected, they chose to cover it up.

During this time period, there was a congregation member, who had gone to Mexico, where she was treated for cancer and managed to have her cancer go into remission, but when she returned home, her cancer rapidly became worse and she died.

I contacted the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in 2010, to speak with them about the asbestos, which had been discovered in that Kingdom Hall.  I was told that they were not going to do anything about it.

The laws concerning asbestos are very clear.  When dealing with asbestos, laborers must take safety precautions and be trained to deal with it and remove it in a safe manner.  In that Reedsport, Oregon Kingdom Hall, all they did was cover it up and act like it wasn't even there!

I see now and will always see the Jehovah's Witnesses as wolves in sheep's clothing.  It has taken me nearly two years to get my life back on track.

The last few text messages I received from my wife, she told me that she loved me and wanted to be with me, so she was going to tell the Elders to get lost.  She then followed by saying she just wanted to be happy.  I didn't realize what she meant, at that time.  Maybe I'm taking her last text messages the wrong way, but she had thought about suicide many times before.  The Elders knew how fragile she was, because they had visited her when she was in the psychiatric hospital.  I had to move away for a little while, because it was difficult to look at the Elders who contributed to my wife's suicide.  

In honor of my late wife, I decided to start a group to help support those who have lost loved ones and need someone to talk to and to help prevent more people from taking their own lives, due to the policies of Jehovah's Witnesses.   (Keeping Kathy Alive Through Helping You!)
Please contact Edward Shhmid on Facebook to join the group.