Translate

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Suddenly Freedom by Valerie Miers-Montgomery

Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom
 I am 41 years old this year and have been an EX- Jehovah's Witness (XJW) for almost 8 years now!!  There is no better feeling in the world...(pun intended.)

I came from a 5th generation Jehovah's Witness (JW) family that never did anything but exist in the religion.  The most anyone in my family ever did was Pioneer (full time ministry house-to-house), but they lived as if they were the most high up, spirit-filled, blah-de-blah-de-blah people you have ever known.

By the time I was 9 years old, I knew that life was not for me, but as anyone in that life knows, you are never allowed to speak up or make your own choices.

At 33 years of age, married to a JW, having a child, age 10 years, and still feeling like the 9-year-old that felt forever trapped, molested by an uncle (thankfully dead now) that no one believed could do such a thing...you know the drill... I left everything behind with literally NOTHING.  Thankfully, my grandmother took me in and ever so slowly, I have rebuilt a relatively normal life.

I am happily disfellowshipped.  This was something I did on purpose, because I felt that I needed to make a clear line from my past to my future and also a clear line for my family. 

I have two younger brothers who are XJWs, as well, but one was never baptized and the other just doesn't go any more.   My parents have no problem talking to and associating with them, even though they live no different than myself.
Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom
Hypocrisy is my biggest issue with the JWs.  I will never join any other organized religion.   I am not filled with hate or doubt of my own faith or spirituality.   I simply have no need of men telling me how I should live my life, when they themselves are doing the very thing they are counseling others on.


Peace and love to all of you.