Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Story and Life - JW Free 2015, by MaryAnn Hollingsworth

 
I have battled severe depression since I was 12 years old. I did not receive help however, until about 8 years later. During this time, I was a very active witness. I was a regular pioneer, I served where the need is great as they call it in Mexico, and I served in a foreign language group. I was a very devoted young person who believed everything I had been taught and was expected to believe.

My hope in telling my story is that it will help me heal from the wounds inflicted by the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society, but maybe it will help someone else too. Perhaps those who struggle with depression, or those who feel trapped with no way out. There is hope! And that is what my story is all about.

My Story and Life / JWFree2015 is the link to a blog, written by MaryAnn Hollingsworth.  This link is provided, in order not to incur copyright infringement issues.  The above text is an excerpt from one of the "chapters" on her blog page.  If you begin reading her blog from the bottom, the chapters are as follows:

What it’s like growing up (in a cult)

For the safety of my children

There is hope