Translate

Friday, June 12, 2015

Michelle Elder's Story of Secrets Revealed, Then Freedom


Contributed by Christian Sparlock Freedom

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness by a severely strict father and step-mother.  It was bad enough that I stood out as the weird child, who couldn't do anything right, but the abuse was the worst.  I think my step-mother hated me, but we looked so perfect, sitting in the front row at the Kingdom Hall, all four children and my parents.

Our family secrets were abundant.  It was finally revealed that my brother had been molesting both step-sisters all of their lives.

I am now 40 years old.  I remained a Jehovah's Witness for all those years, because my entire family are members and leaving the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses would cause them to totally shun me, according to JW doctrines.  I did not want to lose that connection with family, even as bad as it was.

I've been an Ex-Jehovah's Witness for 5 years now.  I go to counseling twice a month and I am finally free to enjoy life now.  Life is sweet!